I made these tonight and thought I would share a sweeter recipe. They are really good. The batter spreads thin in the pan, but it rises well. It can be doubled for thicker bars, just be sure to lengthen the bake time. This recipe came from Betty Crocker's Cookie Jar Cookbook.
Chocolate Chip Bars
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened (1 stick) -- I use Blue Bonnet margarine
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts -- I use pecans
6 oz chocolate chips -- I use about a cup
* Heat oven to 375 degrees.
* Grease 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
* Mix sugars, margarine, and vanilla.
* Beat in egg.
* Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt.
* Mix in nuts and chocolate chips.
* Spread dough in pan.
* Bake until light brown around 12 to 14 minutes.
* Cool, cut into bar and eat up. Yummy!