Saturday, September 20, 2008

Grocery Savings

A while ago I mentioned that I was going to try to budget us a little better. Well, we've had circumstances that haven't made that as practical as I would have liked.

I'm still shooting for the $50 grocery bill (I've had two trips under since I started trying really hard). But I shifted my focus a little to trying to save as much as I can with manufacturer coupons, store coupons and in-store savings. Our grocery store tallies it at the bottom of my receipt, which just gets me so anxious to see it when I'm all done shopping. Last week I saved 33% of my total. It was more than $30. I think that is a goal worth bragging a little about. So I'm still budgeting for $50, but I'm working harder at getting a large percentage off my total. I try to buy things on sale and stock up so I don't have to run out and get something last minute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is great! I have been printing a lot of coupons too. Last time at Walmart I had $37 in coupons. It was very exciting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails