Thursday, September 11, 2008

Use it and enjoy it

That's the local library I'm talking about.

There a many free programs at our library for kids of all ages. I just signed my daughter up for storytime and we plan to go to playgroup there this fall, too. All free of charge.

I also have been looking for more information on a milk-free diet for my daughter due to a milk allergy. The Internet has almost too much information and it's hard to sort through it (and feel that I'm getting accurate information). I recently checked out many books -- mostly cookbooks. Again free information.

Because most libraries are now connected with several in an area, the selection of materials has grown immensely. I have found that I can request a book now at home and pick it up at my convenience when it is available. How simple is that? Placing holds has never been so easy. I don't need to wait for it to come back and hope I can get it or run to the library to put a hold on a book. Another great free service.

Our library also has many programs for adults, such as book clubs. If you need a little time away, that's always another option.

And of course, we borrow tons of DVDs at the library. Why pay for something if you don't have to?

Use your library and enjoy it often!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails