Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What's Cookin' -- Dairy-Free Tuna Noodle Casserole

My daughter is allergic to milk and eggs. I'm working on getting more information on her allergies, but she seems okay with pancakes and bread with milk and eggs in them. But since her reaction to milk is hives, I'm not gambling with too many recipes right now that have any dairy in them. It's been a little struggle (I do live in the dairy state) because everything I make has milk or cheese in it. And I'm trying to introduce foods that she will like that will complement our foods. I made this a couple weeks ago and she loved, loved, loved it. I think other kids would like it, too.

Dairy-Free Tuna Noodle Casserole
I found this on www.recipezaar.com, but I tweaked it a little.

6 cups cooked pasta (I used spaghetti noodles)
1 (6 oz) can tuna
1 1/2 cup frozen peas
2 Tbsp dairy free margarine (no allergies, use butter or margarine)
2 Tbsp flour
2 cups chicken bouillon (broth would work, too)
1/2 tsp pepper

1. Cook noodles in chicken bouillon. Drain and keep chicken broth set aside.
2. Melt margarine in pot over medium heat.
3. Add flour to melted margarine. Mix well.
4. Add slowly add chicken broth in flour/margarine mixture. Mix well.
5. Add tuna and peas. Bring to boil.
6. Simmer until thickens.
7. Either add noodles or pour over noodles. (I mix it all together for my daughter)

**Do you have an easy dairy-free recipe? Please share!**

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You may appreciate this site:

http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/

also google vegan recipes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails